After almost a week off from running, I was back in action last night (sans headphones, Mike G ;-)) A good 4 miler in a light heat with a decent breeze. Wasn't worried too much about time as I knew it would be a little off after a week of no run (averaged 9/min miles). With all of the upper body work I got in during the week I still feel good overall and not like I really missed out. Actually, my legs felt VERY fresh, no aches and pains to start as I normally do. Perhaps I needed the rest..... Anyhoo, will continue to get back on track and ready for the Children of the Corn race this Saturday! Think I signed up for the 6.2mi. Then it's back to training for the Hartford Half Marathon on Oct 11th. Didn't get out to the Sea Legs Shuffle this past weekend as I needed the weekend to work on the yard. Looked like a great race though, will try to get out there next year.
Football is back! Well, sort of... Caught the first few minutes of the Colts/Skins last night. Gotta get myself prepared for the fantasy football season now! WooHoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Children of the corn....wow....
Is that....US?!?!
I see a creepy AATM promo in the works...
MAIN STREET AWAITS!
Yes join us Saturday.. and you too will Love Corn hahahaha!!!!
Have you run since Sunday? With the progress you've been making, I think you'll soon be average 8:00 or less!
Mike G - Yes, ran yesterday. Heading out today tomorrow and have the corn-run Saturday. If I could get down to 8, I'd be estatic!
Chris I know you can get down to 8min. Trust me if I was able too you can also.
Post a Comment