Monday, August 11, 2008
Don't I feel Sheepish....
I've to be honest here with all of you Team Voice folks....I felt like I failed miserably on the Cornfest run.... Treated it like another Saturday morning training run instead of like a real race (which was the point of the simulation, right?). Stayed up too late the night before enjoying a couple of adult beverages not really thinking it would effect how I ran Saturday. Well, couldn't have been more wrong. Totally blew it and was just lucky to actually finish the 6.2. However, all is not lost here! I'm a "bright side" kinda guy, and have learned a valuable lesson here. Either that I need to keep up the running workload regardless of what else is going on in my life, or that I need to temper my expectations after taking any kind of time off from running. I'm feeling a little of both as I honestly just didn't have the time to run the two weeks leading up to the Cornfest race, but should not have expected that I would have been in peak shape as well (thus changing my overall plan for the race). In any event, my backyard is almost back to workable shape, and the double systems audit is over! Now I can get back to the running schedule and workload that I was used to. Another positive coming from the long time off from running (and reduced workload prior) was fresh legs. My legs and body haven't felt this good since I started running in February. However, the lungs need to come back to form....sometimes I forget that I have asthma....which is an AWESOME thing...the forgetting that is...So here's to not letting up on the workload and trying to further reduce the overall average time of my laps!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I haven't done a half. This was my longest organized race...and my second longest run ever. I think it is great that you are already doing the longer races. I doubt I'll get there before the WDW half.
Hey, you finished, and it got you back on track, so consider it a success! I think it was a good test for all of us in different ways. It helped clarify what we needed to focus on for the rest of the year.
No worries,you did great even if you feel you didn't.
Still have to to get it back up to what you are looking for.
It's surprising how missing a few runs can mess with you. Especially if you start back up and have to deal with humidity and all that. The good news is it all comes back pretty quickly.
You've been doing a great job participating in regular actual events and that is a good thing. Something only a few of us have done. Truthfully I should be doing more of them myself.
Standby. October will present a new challenge.
Did you know that Lou Mongello has asthma too?
Post a Comment