Tuesday, March 17, 2009

WDW Annual Report..

Not sure how, but I talked my MBA group into breaking down the WDW 2008 Annual Report for our financial accounting class. They asked if I had an idea, so I said...take a wild guess....all together they were like "uh, I don't know, Disney?" Apparently I'm out of the Disney closet now...LOL They said they were cool with that, so I'm pretty psyched. Downloaded it during out diner break last night and began to skim through it. Cool stuff...lots O' big numbers in that balance sheet...like a small country's GDP, yeeesh!

Working from home today and just got back from a good run. 4 miler with all mile times under 9min each.

Mile 1 : 8:35 (some downhill)
Mile 2: 8:42 (nice and level)
Mile 3: 8:57 (some uphill)
Mile 4: 8:56 (more uphill)
.10 Hill sprint

Nothing stellar yet, but feel like I'm starting to get back a tiny bit of what I have lost in the past couple of months. I'll be shooting for a longer run on Friday after work as long as my meeting schedule doesn't get out of hand. I'll let y'all know how it goes, of course...

Niet on the D23 ehh... Interesting, but I see Mike and Rae's point. I'm not opposed to Disney trying to make money in this market though. They have shown in the past to create a good amount of value for the dollars spent. It might not be worth the 75 now, but I'm guessing if they get a luke warm reception that they'll up the ante. Too good of a demographic data pool for them to give up. Wondering if they'll ever extend offers to make some of the unofficial podcasts official? Or create their own? I think they should leave that arena alone, not their core competency for sure (although there is alot of media expertise in the company...). Not to mention that for every negative thing being said, there probably 10 positive things being said....

Anyhoo, run, run, run!

3 comments:

Craig Wheeler said...

One of my MBA professors was big into Disney...annual trips, published articles about the company, and general fan. The problem was that the guy is an insufferable know-it-all. Needless to say I never once tried to do anything about Disney in that class as I'm sure he would have viewed all of my ideas as completely wrong.

Rae! said...

I noticed that they are only offering the D23 only this year and not after that. Hmmm.....
great job on the run.

Matt said...

I did my Finance project on Disney last semester and my professor loved it. He actually came out of the Disney closet to me then, HAHA! We still talk Disney when we see each other. Sound's like an interesting project. Maybe you could share it with us?

On D23, I don't blame Disney for wanting to capitalize on the internet community, but in this economy, I just don't see that many people spending money on something that they can have for free in the unofficial circut. I just hope that Disney doesn't try to silence the unofficial sites/podcasts.

Excellent job on the run!