Yeesh, you’d think the weather wouldn’t have been a limiting factor at this point in the year…. Rain, rain, and more rain lately though. Okay, that’s not the only reason as I really don’t mind running in the wet stuff at this point. It’s more along the lines that I haven’t had the time lately (with the exception of 8-10pm) to get out. Excuses, excuses…that’s really what they are. I have an option that I haven’t dragged myself to yet, but might just have to give it a go shortly. The dreaded morning run…ugh…I hate morning…. Always been a night person, so it’s brutal for me to get up at 5am even when it’s required to get the kids to day care, let alone getting up to run. However, the temps are about right for my lungs, so that’s not an issue any more…just the will…. I think Rae mentioned a while back that it takes 6 weeks of an activity to make it a habit…6 weeks of getting up early? OUCH! Actually, I’d only have the opportunity for this on Monday, Thursday and every other Saturday and Sunday due to work/daycare schedules and such, but at least the option is there and I think I need to opt for it. Now, if I could just keep the work vultures from scheduling meetings at 8am, I’d be all set. J
Wow, on the number comments lately, more Team Voice activity indeed! I’m starting to check more frequently on others blogs as well. Have scheduled a 15 minute meeting here and there in order to do this. It’s great cause it gives me a reminder notice. They’ve tied me down at work with a blackberry finally, so I got that going for me….yeah right….like a noose… Although, it does allow me to Blog on the run, so it’s not all bad.
From the sounds of it, the team is doing great with their goals and training for the most part. Few lapses in progress, but I’m confident in this community to help prop ‘em up and get ‘em going again! I’m not going to make the advanced challenge this month, just don’t have the long runs thrown in there to boost the numbers yet. I’m going to get ONE long run of at least 8 miles this month if it kills me (and it just might!) so stay tuned.
Heath – Thanks for the heads up on the ADR’s, wow, I’m shocked! Given that, what do y’all think the BEST breakfast character meal would be for a group of 8 kids and 8 adults? The day we’re going to do this will most likely be at the
5 comments:
Well I think Chef Mickeys is the best character breakfast on property. But if you can get a pre-park opening for C.P. then hey that is always a bonus. I do think it sucks that they stopped the character dinner at Liberty Tree. We ate there for my birthday for our '08 trip and had a blast. So you have a blackberry now huh. Well take it along with you on your runs and just email people while running. Huh huh no go. Ah well.
Mike-Speed the comedian.... ;-)
Chef Mickey's is a lot of fun for everyone and you could walk to the park or monorail there! Pre-park opening is good too though.
Well, like you I am a night person, but I got in the habit of dragging my rear out of bed at 4am to do my workouts. Since it's hot in AZ in the summer it's easiest to run in the morning and do strength at night in the a/c. The first few weeks were rough, but I'vebeen doing it for over two years now so I guess you do get used to it :)!
Great minds think alike. I was going to blog about this exact topic. I'm trying to decide which one to do for my daughter's 2nd b-day breakfast. Now I can just read the comments on your blog and don't have to post myself. Thanks!! For what it's worth, I'm leaning towards Chef Mickey's.
I had so much fun at CM!! The teens even like it.
Yes it takes 18 days to start a habit.
I am not a early morning person either. I have been trying to drag my butt out of bed to run in the morning before work. No go as of yet. I like to do mine in the evenings. I have to start doing that so I can shuffle the new workouts and runs and biking and home and work. Totally understand. I had a blackberry. I love it. But Now I have a iphone and I will sware by it over any other phone on the mark it.
Post a Comment