After 600mg of ibuprofin 3/x's daily for the last week I think I'm close to ready for running again. Tried out the elliptical for 20 minutes last night and I'm no worse for the wear, so it looks like all systems go for a 1 mile light run next. Hoping to get that in tomorrow or Friday, but may push it to the weekend. The important thing being that I'm almost back after a 3 week hiatus! You have no idea how relieved I am.....
So, I'm still way behind on blogs but promise to catch up! REALLY, I PROMISE!!!! I know I keep saying it, but without Team Voice I'm not sure I'd still be running, or wanting to get back to running so much after the past three weeks. :-)
Side note - So I mentioned that I gave a presentation on Disney in my Financial Accounting class a couple of months back...Apparently it stuck as a number of people in my class have mentioned how my prediction of how "Up" would do (despite the criticism at the time) was right on! Pixar, or their advertisers, are genius in how they deliver content so timely. The early ad's are always short in content and look pretty dull, which is why the market seems to respond negatively at first. Then they trickle more and more out just in time for the opening and make a killing (as usual). The constant in the equation is outstandingly creative movies that will never dissapoint. Gotta love it. I also have turned into "The Disney Guy" in class, apparently. We're in a Human Resources class now and someone brought up how Disney bucked southern popularity by giving medical benefits to same sex partners of their employees. Of course, they all turn around and look at me for the rest of the story.... Just so happened that I recall numerous conversations on the DisUnplugged on this very topic and was able to give a bit more information. Too funny...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad to hear that you're almost back...It'll feel so good to get out on the road and run a bit - I promise :)!
Isn't funny how many times Disney can actually be brought up as a relevant topic in the classroom? Isn't even more fun when you know the back story?
Isn't it fun being the "Disney Guy." I swear my office has turned into a part-time Disney Travel Agency. I don't mind though, it breaks up the day.
Hey Disney guy glad your back.
Post a Comment