1 mile on Friday and 2 miles on Saturday to be exact. No ill effects on the body (other than the flab flapping in the wind...). So I'm pretty psyched that I can get back out there and get my run on! The plan is to take two weeks for rehap runs, nothing longer than 3-4 miles, and then try to stretch it out a bit for a 5 or 6 miler. Knowing myself, I won't last a week before trying to put in a 9 miler, ha!
Is it me or does it feel like the intesity isn't as high this year? How the heck to we get it back!?! I know I've got a ton of work to do in order to regain that marathon form, but with the past three weeks off, I'm itching to do it.
You guys have been great as usual in posting on the blog, encouraging my recovery and I totally appreciate it. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay!!!! So how do you feel now you are running again?? I know it doesn't seem like none of us are enjoying it. I am so excited to do a full. And At Disney !!!
Yeah....Glad to hear the rehab runs are on and you're feeling good! That's awesome.
I'm still plugging along. I have to say summer in AZ is tough for running, but I've been doing what I can. Just need to get more miles in on the long runs...It just requires me to get up way to early to do it before the heat is just to much :)!
Hey, just keep blogging and telling us to get in gear. That'll put a fire under our butts!
DO NOT OVERDO!! It will just set you back -- take it slow and easy and ramp it up later in the summer!
I agree, us TVers have been all over the place with our ups, downs, stresses, blogs and posts. For some of us, it's probably a case of "we know we can do it" where as last year it was an unknown. But I want Team Voice back too!!
I am SO sorry that I haven't been around and that I'm just now learning of your injury. Guess that's what happens when you get lazy! You're the last to hear anything.
I'm glad you're starting to get back out there. Ditto to what Deb said. If you over do, you'll be right back in the same pickle you were in.
I'm keeping my self going by adding new Disney races to my Race Itinerary, because to be quite honest, I don't enjoy races unless they're at Disney and any local races I do, I always wind up comparing them to Disney. So if I have a Disney race to look forward too, that keeps me motivated. Works for me anyway, ha ha!
Post a Comment