Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Runnin' Right Along...again...sort of...

The recovery is on, and boy am I feeling it. I was able to get a 3 mile run in on Sunday, but it was just brutal. After 2 miles I reallllly wanted to give up as my energy was gone, legs were like rubber..... You know how it goes. However, Jonathan came to mind. His perserverence through all of the stuff that's going on in his life and he still got out there and finished the Seattle half marathon. That really set my mind straight and carried me the extra mile. I tell ya, I don't know of one person on this team that hasn't had that kind of inspiring effect on one of my runs (multiple runs in some cases). I'm going to get back out there today after work and put in another 3 at the very least on my way back to running form. Thanks to all of you :-)

Side note, completed my final class in the MBA program prior to summer break. Start up again next Sept and done June 2010! Woohoo! I need the break, I'm fried!

2 comments:

MikeF. said...

Great to hear you pushed through it. Just keep moving forward and you will be fine. And I too am starting to no longer be a fan of the new 2140's. I got a blister on the back of my right heel the other day. I never had that problem with my 2130's. I know Asics says it only added a new sock liner(which I do not use), but they do just feel like they fit different. They feel looser and I have them as tight as I can lace them.

Amanda said...

Congrats on getting out there and getting the 3 miles in. You'll be fine once you get over this little bump in the road. Keep on chugging along.

Great job on getting through to summer break in school too. You're so close now!