Sunday, October 25, 2009

Better?

I think I'm feeling better today, but not sure. I've still got the whole nasal congestion thing, but it's not horrible. Chest congestion is starting to clear as well. Enough to the point where I actually got a 2.5 mile light jog in on the mill last night. Planning to do 3 on the mill tonight. I'd get outside, but don't think the humidity/cold would be good for the lungs right now.

My wife, Lorraine, got a 10 miler in this morning (I'm so jealous). I told her that if she can run the 10 on the hilly course she ran that Disney will be a piece of cake.

I handed in my paperwork to start up at the gym at work but will probably be a week before I can get in. They have to do bloodwork and then the measurement stuff first (hopefully this week). The problem is that my schedule is hellish along with jury duty thrown into the middle of the week for good measure (hoping I won't have to go..need to call Tuesday night). The following week we're off to Disney, woohoo! Going to be tricky to get my running and workouts in while down at Disney, but both Lorraine and I will make sure to add this into the plan. I'm itching to get a 15+ miler in and think an early morning run down there is in the cards. The other runs will be tempo and interval. I sooooo need this vacation!!! :-) Oh yeah, and it'll be cool to be down at Disney as well...LOL

Where are you Team Voice? We're like 76 days out to the half marathon, let's see some Bloggin'!!!!

3 comments:

MikeF. said...

Well at least you are able to hit the mill. Your wife put in 10!! that is great. Running down in Disney even if it is on the roads is still fun. Why because you know that when you are done running you are going to a park!!!!

Amanda said...

Glad you're starting to feel better. Sucks being sick!

Congrats to your wife - 10 miles is awesome!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip. You're going to have a great time!

DebWDW said...

Better to get sickness out of the way now, rather than closer to the race. Be careful running at Disney -- I strained my knee last December by doing a long run on pavement, after being inside on the treadmill for 3 months. I'll be at WDW Nov 15-20 with my sis. Let me know if we overlap!