Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Get Naked!!!!

Is there anything better than Naked Juice? I'm still battling this cold which I thought was going away. Is it possible to have the swine flu without ever having a temp? I tell ya, my head has felt like it was in a vice the past two mornings. It clears up in the afternoon, but man are these mornings tough! So I've got a Naked juice this morning and it's totally helping me cope. Looking at it, it might actually be a great pre-race fuel after looking at what's in the thing...good mix of simple/complex carbs, pottassium and such...may start to do this as a pre-training thing to see how it works out. Natural is best, right?

Ton's of swine flu potentially in my daughters school as 150 kids stayed home yesterday with flu symptoms. Of course, there is no way to tell what exactly they have, but it's enough to scare ya if you have a vacation planned one week away...

Wish I could say that my traning is 100% up to speed post marathon, but with illness, I've only been able to muster up a couple of treadmill runs. Hoping that will change by the weekend as my body is itchin' to get outside for a nice run.

Oh, and, got lucky and cancelled for jury duty today! Woohoo! So I got to come in to work instead! Yeah! Need to tie up a ton of loose ends prior to vacation. My son keeps saying he's going to "Mic-mouse house" gotta love it. This will be his second trip and he's not even 2 yet, lol. I didn't take my first till I was ~17! My daughter is on her 5th trip in as many years I think...I'm sure some people think we're spoiling them, but little do they know it's probably more about us than it is about them! ;-)

Anyhoo, back to work now. Glad to see Deb back posting. Get over to Mike-speed's page and give some encouraging words, he's gone through so much this year with his feet, knee's, legs, etc. Can't wait till he can get back going and give it a good couple of months without issues. Justin and I are waiting for him to reset the bar so we can try to take it down.

2 comments:

MikeF. said...

Still waiting for you two to break down the ones from last year.

Amanda said...

Hope your head's feeling better. That's how the cold I had was - not fun.

You'll get back to running when you feel better.

Spoiling the kids with Disney? Is that even possible - nope :)!