Friday, my foot! Okay, so the smoke was due to the water heater. Oil line on it was all clogged up and would have caught fire (so sayeth the on-call emergency furnance dude). Glad our neighbor went out of her way to knock on our door!!!! Saved our house probably.... Where has our community gone when I'm actually surprised that they would stop and knock...just glad they did and I've learned a big lesson about being active in the neighborhood for sure. Wondering how many of the other neighbors just drove by wondering if the house was on fire...guessing a few.
Anyhoo, added to that on-call emergency expense I get pulled over this morning 39 in a 35...really? The officer was a super nice "kid" (probably early to mid 20's) who just gave me a ticket for failure to carry an up to date insurance card. Had to call the insurance co. on the speaker phone so he could hear that it was at least valid... You think that would be enough....but anyhoo, the "speeding" ticket would have been worse. I think it's an effort by the state/town to collect revenue since the state is in dire straights....but what can ya do.
First workout at the work gym today. I'm psyched to get back to some weight training, as I think it'll really help come January.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Is this really how you want to go about obtaining the title Speed Chris? Maybe lead-foot Chris. That works for both fast (when driving) and slow (when jogaloping-along) days.
Not the kind of day I would have wanted. Glad the house is still intact. Sorry that the cop still ticketed you. Glad to hear you're back in the gym. Can you send some of your motivation my way?
Post a Comment