Meet Stephen, mac and cheese afficionado... This pic is from lunch this afternoon at the studios, he leveled his mac and cheese, and applesauce and was looking for more! LOLGotta love Jimmy Buffett. Anyhoo, all is good in the land of the mouse, and yes, the weather is outstanding! We just checked out of the Beach Club and over to Orange Lake where we'll be staying the next week. Good news is that we've got a two bedroom condo with tons of space and free wireless internet. Bad news is that we are not on Disney property :-( Really loved the Beach Club. We took in the beach every night and let the kids run off the s'mores they toasted up. Watched Bolt and Wall-E the past couple of nights as well. I know we have another week here, but we're already looking forward to our trip back to the Beach Club next July.
Quick highlights so far since I'm on nap duty with the little guy...
We visited Magic Kingdom on Thursday (extra magic hours morning). Got a ton of the park done by 10:30a and strolled through to lunch at Cosmic Rays (our favorite counter service). Headed back for a nap and back for some evening fun and Wishes. Only a couple of kid fits...but we got through it. Gotta love Disney where you can have a kid melting down and nobody even blinks! Not that it happened this time for us, we've got that down and know when the wall is coming... Figure, it's my 5 year old 4th time to Disney, we've learned ALOT!
Friday was Animal Kingdom and Epcot. Did all that we could at AK, but the kids really just wanted to see Animals, so a double dose of Animals is what they got...enough to the point of lunch (pretty darn crowded, more so than I ever experienced at this park). Went back to the room for a quick snooze and off to Epcot for some evening fun. Not too much my little guy can do, except Nemo, so we strolled around the park alot while my wife and daughter rode Test Track and Mission Space. Stopped in at Mexico for dinner as we just weren't in the mood for normal counter service. Sat by the water, ah the water, and then strolled through the rest of world showcase. The kids were really beat by this time, so we didn't stop anywhere else. it was insane crowded due to the food and wine fest and it was starting to look more like an adult scene with loads of intoxication. Which reminds me. After riding Nemo we went up to the observation deck to look at the fish and ran into a reeeeeeeealy drunk girl just hanging out by herself...she started to chase my son around telling him how cute he was....so I laughed with her, picked him up and said see ya later...and took off. Not that I was worried about her taking off with my kid, but it had that kinda creepy vibe to it. What the heck was this drunk girl doing just hanging out by herself? Kinda weird.
This morning we took in a charachter breakfast at Cape May Cafe (after a 5.2 mile run at 5am...awesome) and it was one of the best dining experiences I've had in Disney. Waitress was outstanding and the food was great too. I purchased the Tables in Wonderland card as we'll use it a ton this week, January, and next July, and although they add the 18% tip, we tipped her another $5 since she was so great. I've heard how some of them drop the service down when they know they'll get the 18%, but she did the opposite...Goes to show you, the smart ones know they can still get more. :-) Picked up my rental car at the Dolphin after that and hit the Studios for a couple hours, Little Mermaid, Honey I Shrunk..playground, some charachters...lunch...and here I am now at Orange Lake.
Sorry for the long post, didn't realize I had so much to say! LOL I'll try to break it down when I get back from the next week...or maybe I'll do a daily recap...we'll see.
4 comments:
Sounds like you guys are having fun. I wanted to take our daughter to Cape May for breakfast this year, but we were never able to get there. I loved it for dinner. we ate there twice for dinner when we stayed there this year. Sounds like you guys are having fun. Thanks for the trip update.
Wow, you've already packed a lot in on this vacation and sounds like you have a lot more fun to come!
Looks like you're haveing a good vacation... Have a dole whip for me!
BTW, the title of this post made me laugh!
Love the pic.
I had a blast at Cape May. Love the tables and wonderland card.
I can't wait to goooooo!!!!!
Post a Comment