Wednesday, January 13, 2010

1/2 Photos are Up


...and as per the usual, I look pretty bad in most of them. Of course, I didn't really stop to take any and I wasn't really caring how they came out as I passed by the camera folks. Soooo, that's what I get. I've posted the only decent one that I found....you guessed it, the descent one is not of me actually running!


Running to Disney Update: So far I've logged a total of 41.28 miles (running/biking) with 28.58 of them coming from running. I'm not huge on the elliptical, but will probably log some of those miles once ours gets fixed (parts are in, just need to make the appointment). Jeff, we forgot Rae on this challenge!!! We should make her milage to Disneyland Paris though....otherwise she's going to smoke us! :-)


Planning on a light run today, not sure whether it will be indoors at the work gym or outdoors. Weather.com says it's 27 out there, but feels like 15 with 24mph gusting winds. Reminds me of Disney weather... I forgot my gloves so I was going to definitely be inside, but there is a fleece vendor on-site today, so I might man-up and go buy some and get outside for 5.....okay, so, now that I've said that...I kinda feel obligated...LOL


Sounds like everyone here gets runners world, but in case you missed it...Make sure you're supplementing your Vitamin D!!! Especially those that work at night (like Lorraine) or those of us who live on Hoth, which apparently is the greater 48 these days...or 47 as Amanda is still in tropical land. :-) The article cited all kinds of nasty stress fractures due to VitD deficiency.


Fogot to mention a great purchase from the World from this trip. I bought the Four Parks One World CD, very cool collection of park music. It'll get me by till July anyhow.


Anyhoo, that's all I got for now. Stay safe out there folks!
Update: Got out for 5.45 this afternoon. Felt like Disney, okay, maybe a little colder...Mid 20's with a light snow. I thought I was running slow, but clocked out at 8:54/mile. Lots of ice to dodge and of course the occasional car with driver holding a cell phone to his ear... :-) Felt good, metatarsal area on right foot still a little sore, but will ice it down tonight.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

There's nothing wrong with that photo and I'm sure the rest are fine too! At least you don't look like a drown rat - that's what I resemble in all of mine :)!

How on earth have you had time to get that many miles in already...I feel like such a slacker. And do our race miles count? Guess I'd better get to moving on this!

And yes, I got home today and it was 71 and sunny - it felt so good to not have to wear a coat and gloves.

Jeff W said...

Hoth, that's classic. In fact I think I can see the At-At Walkers from my kitchen window. Nice job on staying active right after the run.

Rae! said...

Great picture, can I add it to the Team Voice ones??I am going to make a flicker account for Team Voice and any one can add photos.
Wow, all the miles already. I have been told no cross training till next week and do not walk more than a mile.
We drove home, and the weather was still in the 50's and the wind made it feel colder.

I hope Lorraine feels better.