Sunday, January 17, 2010

Heat Wave!!

***Hmmmm....can you find the Team Voicer in this picture? We're so stealth...

Holy Cats, it's bloody hot here in the Northeast, I mean, it got all the way to 45 degrees yesterday... Didn't know whether to open up the pool or what.

Seriously though, the past two days have been much warmer than it has over the past month or so. I was able to get in a 6.75 mile run on Friday, without having to put winter gear on, and still feeling the post run soreness in the knee. However, some consistent icing and it's not bothering me all that much. We'll see what the Doc says this Thursday. Not enough to keep me from some light running in the meantime as I'm planning on getting back out there in a couple of hours for a quick 4-5. Of course, it's colder now, but still in the 30's, so not bad at all.
Update - Got a 5.56 mile run in. Mid 30's, tried to keep it at an easy pace (not so easy to do...). The good news is that I didn't feel any ill effects on the knee pre/during/post. I'll ice it anyway tonight.

On the Disney front, I cancelled my XM radio subscription. So what the heck does that have to do with Disney? Ahh, well, I tend to forget about my podcasts and listen to all kinds of XM stations, so now with no XM I've got two hours a day commute where I can catch up on podcasts. Woohoo! Speaking of, did you guys catch "Snack and Sip 3" on WDW Today? Hillarious!!!

Last thing. I'm going to try to be better about checking the AATM boards from time to time as I think we get into our blog holes and forget there are other AATM'ers out there that probably don't do the blog scene. As Jonathan says, it would be great to grow our brood by next Jan.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad to hear the weather's a bit better and that the knee is feeling alright too. Hope the Doc has some good news for you on that front.

Catching up on podcasts...Good luck - as soon as I catch up I'm behind again.

That's a good idea on the boards - I know I've been absent over there, it's hard to keep up with everything.

Great job on the runs - Goofy's going to have to catch you!

Rae! said...

Love the photo. Sure you're in it?? ;)
I was on the boards before the race weekend and it's hard to balance it all out.
Podcast catching up, man that's a hard one. Ice the knee even if no pain, it will help keep all inflammation at bay.
They finally got our pictures up. You can see the pain In E's face. I will post them as I get them.