Sunday, January 3, 2010

Holy Weather Changes, BATMAN!

Dude, from like clear and a low of 55 to rain, potential rain, slightly cloudy, lows at like 28.... Honestly, man, give us a break here! We just want to plan! LOL Bring those cheap throw-away sweats folks!

I just checked the NBC affiliate (WESH 2 accuweather, I'm sure they are never wrong...) and they have a high of 58, low of 38 with a 30% chance of showers. Says the normal high/low is around 70/50....at this point that would sound lovely!

Anyhoo, I'm going to pack a little warmer I think for the post race stuff. For the race I still plan on shorts (although I might bring the cold weather get-up....) and my 09 Team Voice shirt....subject to change all the way through Wednesday evening. I called the Dolphin today to ask if the marathon busses stopped there and the guy didn't know, but said he thinks we'll have to walk over to the boardwalk/Yacht-Beach Club. Interesting....I'll ask at registration, but that won't be all that big of a deal if that's the case.

Running-wise...I put in 5 on the mill today, moderate pace. Felt really good, I'm feeling great about Saturday. Tomorrow is an off day with school and all although I may sneak a workout in at the gym, we'll see. Will get 1 or 2 more jogs in prior to arrival, nothing more than 3 miles if I get the time.

Started to pack last night just to keep some stuff separate but will wait till Wednesday to finalize. I'm working from home on Wed. so I'll have some extra time to do wash and such hopefully. :-)

Almost there, folks!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Great job on the run...I want to get in 4 miles tomorrow, walk a couple of Tuesday, I travel Weds., maybe a couple of easy miles before the expo on Thurs and then it's race time! Wow - I can't believe it!

I just started packing today - well, actually just piling stuff up on top the suitcase :)!

See you soon!

Justin said...

28 degrees sounds positively muggy to me right now. Life at Echo Base here in the Hoth System is just too darned cold. Get me off this ice cube and to Disney now!

I've got two more 5k treadmill runs this week and it'll be time to go. See you there.

MikeF. said...

I would kill for 28 deg.!!! It has not gotten over 15 deg. the last 3 days and the Lake effect snow will not quit!