Monday, January 4, 2010

Hoth Jr. Jr....

I'm adopting Justin and Mike's assertion of the ridonculous cold weather that we've been seeing. Typically, CT doesn't get bitter cold till mid January and then it mellows out a little (20's - 30's) in Feb throughout. However, December has been insane cold and it's getting worse. It's in the teens and down to 0 with the wind chill on a regular basis and now the snow drifts are making it much more of a nightmare.

Anyhoo, if Iowa is Hoth, and Rochester is Hoth Jr. ...I guess that makes me Hoth Jr. Jr. So yeah, I'd agree with their assessment that a low in the 30's for Disney on Saturday is like tropical for us! Still, it was much warmer last year (50's and people were complaining, lol) during the day I think, so we'll still have to pack accordingly. Although, I'll still be sportin' bare legs for the race as I've got to retain my "Ice Man" status.....

That's all I got as I'm buried in work trying to make up for being out Thurs/Fri. Weight training today and perhaps a 3mi treadmill tomorrow. Unless I get out of school early tonight as I'll get a quick mill run if that works out. :-)

4 comments:

Matt said...

I'm still rather pissed at the weather man right now. Apparently, it is supposed to be warmer in Jackson that it will be in Orlando. WTF?!?!?!

Justin said...

-25 here this morning. I cheered when the temperature gauge reached 0 around noon today.

No need to go with Hoth, Hoth Jr. and Hoth Jr. Jr. designations. This far north, we are all in the Hoth SYSTEM together.

Fracking ice cube.

Amanda said...

I feel for you with the weather, but at least you'll be acclimated to the colder temps in FL...Me, I'll be freezing :)!

Princess Fee said...

I can't believe that it's going to be that cold in Florida - but I remember living there and how cold it could get in Jan was surprising! But as Amanda said, you'll be more prepared than some for the colder weather! Good Luck!