Tuesday, February 2, 2010

ARRRGGHHH!

Work has taken over my life as of late, and then there is school (just finished another class...20 more Monday's to MBA, woohoo!) and family. Of course, family isn't an optional activity, it's what keeps me sane/insane. :-) Just tough as I didn't really have hours to spare in the day and now work is demanding about 5-10 more than the 50+. Fun stuff. I know, whaaaaaahhh. :-)

Okay rant over. I'm good now. So my January was pretty good overall, but I gained a little weight I think. The weight training has added a little weight, but not as much as I've gained. The evening snacking is out of control again and needs to go on lock-down. This is my personal "El Guapo" and must be taken care of.

Other stuff -
* My daughter jogged a 1/2 mile on the treadmill the other day, I was impressed. Promised to take her to the track this spring to do a little more.
* My knee hasn't acted up at all after my running since I started to target stretch the IT band. I sent in my paperwork for physical therapy and think that will start up some time next week.
* I think I forgot to mention that we got our ADR's for July set. Looks like we're going down two days early and will stay at Pop Century then x-fer over to the Beach Club Villas. I'm waiting for the passholder discount time window to open up for July and will see if I can do better than Pop for the two lead in days, but either way I'm fine with it. We've never stayed at Pop before.
* Winter needs to end....

6 comments:

Rae! said...

20 more to go and your done?? Woohooo!!!
Work is insane!! I worked 16 hours yesterday!!! So when in July??? So maybe I can come and stalk you guys!!!! Muuuaahhhaaa..
{Me and Eric}

Yay!!! For the little one, Kid races are a blast!!!
Pop is nice, all fifties. It's a value resort. The older of the 4 of them.

Have a great day!!

MikeF. said...

Never stayed at Scopa Towers, but I know that is where Matt always stays.

Just keep reminding yourself why you are taking those classes.

And I can not wait for winter be over with also. I am so done with winters. I have been trying to convince Megan that we need to move to warmer climates, but so far I have been unsuccessful.

Amanda said...

You're going to be done with school before you know it. Then you'll just be too good for me with the MBA ;0.

Work...Don't get me started.

Snacking...Don't get me started.

Pop Century is actually one of my favorite resorts. Love Everything Pop - the food court - so many choices. The whole resort has a great atmosphere and it's a good place to jog around and take in the sites. Of course, July is pretty hot so do that early or late :)!

Glad the knee is feeling better. That's awesome.

So cool that your daughter did a half mile. That's amazing and I bet you'll have fun at the track with her.

Justin said...

Your kids will probably like Pop Century. Our two boys can't get enough of it. Even if we stay someplace nicer, the kids want to visit Pop to walk up and down the weird stairways. The bowling pins are a particular favorite.

We've stayed primarily at the deluxe resorts over the years. Believe it or not, Pop is a great resort in comparison. Different but still Disney. If you stay there, you'll see why some call them the Disney Dorms.

Jeff W said...

We are the three amigos, we are the... oh wait there are lot more than three on the team. So let me rephrase.

We are the Team Amigos, We are the Team Amigos, We are the Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam Amigos and amigos forever we'll be.

Love the El Guapo reference.

PS. Yes winter must end.

Jeff W said...

Would you say we have a plethora of team mates?