So my self nickname "The Extreme" led me to do something stupid again. Yeah, you remember that 18 below 0 (40 mph winds) 13 mile run this past winter.... 102 with a heat index of 105, 2pm run, why not!?! Okay, it wasn't 13 miles, but it sure felt like it. I just wanted to take a nice easy run in the new shoes outdoors and that was the only time I had available, so I did 4 miles. Just hot and sweaty, no physical illness or anything (maybe mental illness). First 2 miles weren't bad at all, but the last two were brutal! Lesson learned, go out early in the 90 degree heat or hit the treadmill.... it's all good, at least I'm getting the work in. :-)
Justin - Like the itinerary for Jan, but you have us leaving Epcot on Sunday to go to O'hana? Could we do that one of the other evenings and do something local to Epcot that night? then some fireworks and whatnot? Call me sentimental, but after we did that a couple of years ago I think I'm stuck to Epcot post race (or that last race anyhow). Something about drinkin' round the world to cap off marathon weekend just feels right. Still, I'm flexible. Wish I could say the same about the hamstrings.
Rae - I feel your pain. Doesn't seem to be much different weatherwise between the Northeast and Florida during the summer...brutal! How's the new Mustang? Why am I asking you questions on my blog? I haven't gripped the whole "technology" thing yet apparently...ya know, I mean, I only work in the technology department of a company... ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I think Weather Control is screwed up again. The North is getting the South's weather and vice versa. Not that I'm complaining! It was a gorgous 78 degrees here today. I kinda like this arrangement. So long as we don't get your winter, I'm good with this setup!
Rae wanted O'Hana for post-Marathon. Jeff W. vetoed that idea.
Here's my current plan: Run Marathon, then spend the rest of Sunday at Epcot. Drink around the world. Dinner at Le Cellier or some other World Showcase restaurant. End the evening with Illuminations. Leave the park in a wheel chair.
I'm going to O'hana Thursday evening now.
Plans are really in flux.
"More than words" Anyone anyone? Well I would not expect anything else Chris.
Humid here yesterday as well. I went out with the intention of 6 miles. Two miles in I changed my mind and decided to half that. Odd thing was that at Three miles I got an unexpected second wind. Still I decided not to push it and wrapped it at 3.5
Don't think I officially vetoed Ohana. Just mentioned that my travel party might not be up for the massive protein fest that it is. Leaning toward the full in January and am planning to make two ADRs for Le Cellier on different nights just to be sure I get a stop in.
Is Lorraine coming down again?
Brutal heat - becareful when you think you're okay out there in that. It's murder on your body.
I love that you're asking questions in your blog - hilarious.
What do you do in technology? I didn't remember that you were in the tech field....I'm a BI Architect, but I dabble in it all :)!
The new Mustang is awesome!! Wasn't to sure if I was going to like a car that is smarter than I am. =)
Ok so, Epcot on Saturday or Sunday?? We haven't been to Le Cellier.
I am confused...
Post a Comment