Couple of chances to run this weekend, nothing over 5 miles as of yet. I was planning on a longer run, but my shoes are pretty well toasted (465 miles on them). Was able to get to Fleet Feet today to try on a couple of different pairs. Went in thinking I would just get the Asics GT-2150's, but the salesperson said she'd be quick (kids were waiting) and wanted to show me a couple of other models. Tried the Saucony Pro-Grid Guide 3, Brooks Ravenna, New Balance 760 (?) and the GT-2150's. New Balance felt weird in my left heel so they were out. Brooks felt light and like something to run shorter distances with (same as the reviews said), so it was down to the Saucony and the GT's. Both felt really good, but I went with the sure thing in the Asics. I'm going to go through a couple of pairs between now and January, so I figure I can try them next and then decide on what my race shoe is going to be. The sales person/girl said she's going to run the Goofy this year as well, kinda cool, she ran the full last year and apparently wasn't scared off by the cold. So aparently she's like the rest of us...nuts! LOL
No issue on the eating this weekend! Stayed true to my word and feel much better for it. :-) We'll see what I can get in for mileage this week, but based on the schedule, I think I can sneak in a few runs.
So who's doing all the ADR coordinating this year? :-) Or should we all try to "host" one ...might be a scheduling nightmare.. Sunday night will be the big one, for us Goofy folks anyhow.
Stay safe out there!
6 comments:
I'm pushing for an official Team Voice Park of the Day throughout Marathon Weekend. Here's my thought:
Thurs: ?
Fri: Hollywood Studios
Dinner: Mama Melrose or Il Mulino?
Sat: Magic Kingdom
Dinner: 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian is actually great for pre marathon dinner, lots of pasta!
Sun: Epcot
Dinner: O'Hana (requested by Rae)
Mon: Animal Kingdom
Brkfst: I'm hosting at Kona Cafe again
I'm just throwing out ideas as a starting point.
Hey - the 90's is nothing to laugh at and I don't have the humidity to kill me :)....My short run this morning at 7:30am was done at 84 degrees though...Blech!
Glad to hear things are going well.
I haven't even thought about meals for Sept or Oct and we're already talking January...I know we have to, but that just means it's getting closer to quickly :)!
I have the humidity. Today is 90 but the feel like is 105.
Going to be planning a skype meet. I will keep you posted.
Post a Comment