Probably not the first time I used Willie in my title line, but it's fitting. As in, I'm on the road back to shape for distance running. Didn't realize just how far away I was from February when I could do a half marathon for my long run over the weekend and feel like I only ran 5. Got out the door around 9a (80's already) and planned 10 miles. The body felt much better than the 8 miler from last weekend and I was able to get all the mileage in +1 walk mile at the end. The heat wasn't fun for sure, and I tried to keep in the shade as much as possible. Hate to say it, but I can't wait till fall! I'd rather run in the cold than in this stuff...you can bundle up in the cold, not much else you can do in this.
Anyhoo, I've got the following folks for Mama Melrose Jan 7 so far (will add Matt if he ends up making it):
Justin +1
Rae +3
Me +0
Total of 7 so far on a 10 person reservation. No worries, I'm going to call and see if i can make it 15 as I think there are a few more of you out there that would like to do this. Was a great time this past January, kinda felt like an old Italian family eating dinner (I've got some experience with that...).
Update - I raised the ADR to 15 people. The new time is 4:55p.
Rae - Lorraine is doing great on her training, thanks for asking. She did a mini-tri for practice last week and gained some good experience. She's improving in the pool every day, and has been very consistent with the biking (depite the 2 young'ns that run her ragged and make her want to nap instead!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am not doing so good with the heat either.
Mini tri?? Sprint distance?? I found some old jogging trial maps for DIsney when I get home from work Monday I will send them to you.
It's great to hear that you're feeling good on the distance. I know what you mean...I've been slower to come back than you, but I'll get there :)!
Can't wait for January for the Goofy!!!
Post a Comment