Hey y'all - Not alot of time for anything this week, but I promise to catch up on everyone's blog activity. Took another quick run yesterday, 3.57 mi, and have found a running buddy at work. Well, sort of. He's rehabbing his plantar faceitis (sp?) issues, so he plans to join me for the under 4 mi runs every now and then. Was nice to run with someone else, the mileage just flew by when someone was there to chat with. Anyhoo, looking to get a nice long run in this afternoon after work. Having a tough time finding a "safe" 12 mile route here in New London....10, no problem....12 is a little more difficult as it would take me into some shaddy neighborhoods...weird mix down here as there are million dollar homes and low cost housing within a block of each other. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid...I dunno...
Leg feels great now that I'm stretching more and have cut the mid week mileage a little bit. Will keep on that plan for July and try to crank it back up a little in August. Still want to keep the long runs and extend them every other week to see if I can get up to a 15-20 mile run.....if I can, then I may go for that marathon in October, if not, I'll stick to the half they do at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Chris,
You're right about running partners - not only does it make the time go faster, but will also make YOU go faster! I run with partners 4-5 times per week - and I know that they push me harder than I would normally go myself.
As another tip, if you start doing a good percentage of your mileage on trails (i.e., not hard asphalt or cement), you can put in more miles without the normal aches and pains - the pounding on joints/muscles is greatly reduced.
Mike
Sounds good!!!!
A full marathon?? Holy Cats!!! 26.2 miles?! I still can't imagine doing that!!!! Crazy thing is I want to!!! Is that normal? E thinks I have lost my mind!!! lol
I would do some trails but I have no clue where they are here.
Good job!
I'm a little different than you guys I guess. I like running by myself. It gives me a chance to think and catch up on podcasts. But I've always been kind of a loner anyway. Great that you found someone to run with though!
Your not paranoid, your smart. That's your minds way of keeping you safe so listen to it.
The only person I have tried to run with is my wife, but she paces so much slower than me that it really isn't very enjoyable.
As far as the mileage... I have a 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 mile course mapped from my house. So I tend to make my longer runs by combining two or three of the paths. It is also good because I can get away without carrying water....just leave the bottle in the shade on my front porch.
Post a Comment