Monday, July 7, 2008

Rough Start to July

Hi y'all. Well, I'll admit right off the bat that July has NOT started the way I'd like it to. Thikining about it this weekend I was thumbing through any number of excuses as to why that is, but honestly, they are just that....excuses. In June I'd had plenty of excuses I could have used to "not" hit my targets, but somehow I was motivated enough to find a way. So, instead of telling you why I'm behind on my goals already, I've just decided to take the heat and put it all on me.

So what were my goals? It's only 7 days into the month, right? We'll I had planning to have completed a 12 mile run over the weekend, but put in a 10.1 instead. Also, skipped out on another mid-week run.... Maybe not a huge issue as we do have the balance of the month to go, but I'm not liking the trend I'm setting early on and need to call myself out on it early!

So, this week will be a heavy run week sneaking it in wherever possible and I'll hit that 12+ mile run target. Next week I'm going to go heavier in the cross-training efforts (bike, swim..hopefully) but still get the long run in at the end of the week. Also, breaking the "Total-Gym" back out to expand upon my strength training (Chuck will be thankful I'm sure...). I've got a couple of weeks to the 10 mile race down in Rhode Island and I want to head into that week feeling like I can put together a great race/time.

Whew, that felt good...now time to execute!

Still backlogged on the picture download (pool photo) front, but promise to get some up this week. It's completely filled as of today, and should be running/filtering, etc. as of the time I get home from work. WooHoo! Concrete decking should be done later in the week with landscaping to follow in the next week or two.

AATM - Great show guys! Loved the interview with Paige, she's a class act for sure. :-)

3 comments:

MikeF. said...

OK first off love the "me" post on my blog. Reminds me of the budwiser commercials where they are interviewing a basketball player who is all about himself. A reporter says "you know there is no I in team". The player cracks back with "Yeah well there ain't no WE either" Always loved that one.

I said it to Jonathan and I will say it to you. No excuses. If you can run, crosstrain, or work out DO IT! I'll tell you that it will be fun watching you eat my dust at the race. ;) Motivated yet? If not I have more.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you did pretty good to me. Also seeing that it was a holiday weekend, pretty dang good! Keep it up.

I could SO start with the Chuck Norris jokes, but I'll spare everyone that.

Rae! said...

Alright so you need a monthly goal.
well you did just over 100 miles last month how about 125 for this month??