Two more days and I'm off and running in the "Blessing of the Fleet" 10 mile race. Getting out for a 3 mile run later on today with a co-worker, but plan to keep it a light one at that. Want to keep myself fresh for Friday evening. Weatherwise it appears that it's going to be sunny and somwhere in the mid to high 70's around 6pm. The first couple of miles being along the water and then heading inland for a loop prior to finishing back by the Narragansett pier. Spent many days in the area during summers growing up, so it'll be familiar territory for sure.
Seeing as how I ran the half-marathon at an 8:55 pace, I'm shooting to bring that down a bit but not sure really where I want to be. Perhaps in the 8:45 range.... First evening race for me and I'm guessing it's a little different on the body than the morning runs. Anyone have advice specifically for evening runs v. morning? Heading down to the folks place in that area Friday morning and will try to take in a quick nap if possible. I've noticed that my energy level on my evening training runs isn't as high as those I get in the morning. Maybe a nap will help...who knows. Food intake times will be different as well since the monring routine probably won't cut it.
Anyhoo, I'll let y'all know how I did as soon as possible :-) May not be till Sunday night/Monday monring since the folks don't have internet access at that house.....perhaps there's an open wireless network that I can tap into... ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm like you, I feel more sluggish in the evenings. I've done evening races the past two weeks here and they were much hotter than the normal 8AM ones, so be prepared!
Good luck on the race! Sounds like a really enjoyable route.
In 2 days!! Sweet!!!
Sometimes pm can be much warmer,than the am.
Good luck!!!
Good luck Chris!! I know you'll do great!!
Good Luck Chris. I know that you will be able to blaze through that coarse.
Here's wishing you luck for the race from the UK Trio - looking forward to the results.
Post a Comment