So we weren't sure how this one was going to go as the attractions at Epcot are not really geared toward a 4 year old (or younger). Nemo/Crush, yes, and of course we hit this first. Had done this the last time we were here, so it was a known commoditiy. We had fastpassed Soarin' since my daughter is now a thrill ride junkie, apparently. I'm not going to go through the whole day, but lets just say there are good days with the kids and then there are bad days...this was one of the bad days...
The one thing I will report on is the Soarin' experience. We went back at our fastpass time (after Figment/HISTA..or at least part of it..) and decided to do the swap thing. My wife and daughter went first and I waited with my son. They came out after the ride and my daughter said she didn't want to go again, but did like it...big mistake for not wanting to ride with dear old dad.... I was waiting in the hangar line (or whatever it's actually called) and noticed some guy talking to the group in the front....then ensued some kind of cheering....he started to walk up the line with a counter clicking off the number of people in our line...uh, okay.... as the line started to move I figure it out. It was the dream squad and they were giving away prizes to our line. Too cool :-) We all got Year of a Million Dreams Pin's (2 of them) and Lanyard. Very cool as I NEVER win, well, anything! LOL One pin has Donald and Goofey and the other has Mickey and Minnie with the YOAMD logo in the middle. So my daughter would have got one if she just rode with me! ha! I'll hold onto it and perhaps when she gets a little older and into pin trading, she can have it. Wondering how many of these pins were made....maybe one of the guys knows.
Ran 4.5 today at just under 8 minutes a mile, and yes Rae, it's totally FLAT here! You should run the area where I live, if there's a half mile at the same elevation it's amazing... I think the new shoes are helping as well. Also, I do get to ride the rides, just didn't do as many since we wanted to see alot of stuff and didn't want to waste time in the swap transaction. Also, I figured that I'm going to be alone in Jan. and can see everything without having to worry about the kids :-) One more....the last two trips my wonderful wife allowed me to run off to rides while she hung with the kid/family. I'm having fun just being here, so it's all good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Chris,
Here is the blog of one of my friends who is along a similar track as the Team Voicers, except he's doing the full marathon here in Huntsville next month. He's only been running since February and has made really amazing progress. Eric Patterson
Congrats!!!!
Totally flat and then in the race they throw in the bridges. hahaha
Post a Comment