Training is going okay in my camp. Speed is up as I've been running in the 8 min mile range for a few weeks now. Overall mileage is level at around 70 miles a month, but my long runs are increasing on a weekly basis (with the exception of the last two weeks cause of illness). This weekend's long run will be 10.6 miles and will increase .5 mile per long run till Jan.
Gel goo stuff... After listening to Steve and Bryan on the last couple of podcasts, I've decided to give the gel stuff a go for my long runs. Will try to incorporate them this weekend. Why the change? Well, as you might know I've struggled with the energy level in the last couple of miles for my two half marathons and want to do something to improve. The incremental addition to my long runs is part of that plan, and now trying the goo..... Steve did make the point to try it a couple of times as it might take some getting used to, so I'll be sure to try it at least twice. Any personal experience on this that you can share? I know Jonathan tried them and didn't seem to agree with him...
Props to Deb for her recent weight loss and hitting her training goals! Both you and Rae continue to inspire me on your work ethic and great attitude! Mike Fess as well for fighting through the injury situation! Mike Speed lives on!!! Shout out to Jeff W. as well....I personally call you "Mr. Steady" as you always keep an even keel throughout this process which appeals to my stead side. Long story short, you guys keep this team together with all that you bring. Thanks! (Mention to Mike Greene as well for always keeping my achievment goals in focus :-))
Quick last day of vacation recap as I hadn't done that yet.
Last day (Friday Nov. 7) spent at Magic Kingdom again.
We purposely left Tomorrowland off of our Wednesday MK visit so we could focus on that and our favorites for Friday. We were able to see Stich's no so great Escape (thumbs down from the wife and daughter), Monsters Laugh Floor (thumbs up, almost seemed too short), Buzz Lightyear (just okay after experiencing Toy Story Mania on Monday), TTA (had to give the little guy his bottle and this worked out perfect), Tomorrowland Speedway (daughter loves this, our necks...not so much!). After this run of rides, we were hungry and stopped in at Pecos Bills for a bite. Pretty much steady counter service here, but had the no backs on the chairs....the little guy was taking a nap on me and I had nothing to lean back on! We hit Splash Mountain after lunch (had a fastpass) and I was permitted to go this time (by my daughter...). Being the ride junky she is now, she wanted to sit in the front of the log, so we waited a little bit longer. She walked me through the whole ride telling me when the drops where, what was going on with Brer Rabbit/fox/bear....and of course the "Bad Birds" on the way to the big drop. Just classic!
By the time we got through all of this, it was time to do our shopping and get back to the house to pack. We did stop into the bakery on Main Streeth after shopping for some weight gain specials. We all split some kind of cherry filled pastry, a banana pudding bread thingee, and an apple pastry. There wasn't a crumb left on the tray..... Sooooo good though! After that, we headed back for a swim in the pool, packing and out to dinner. Great trip overall. However, I'm looking forward to seeing the parks without the family in January as well...will allow me to take my time and check out those things we typically blow by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Chris,
Thanks for the kind words and sounds like you had an awesome trip.
So what do ya think about Matt Hassellbacks return? Are you going to start him or just keep him on the bench? Also I am thinking of doing a name game drop for the fantasy Focus guys. What do ya think?
Post a Comment