Today is to give a shout out to my wife Lorraine who has battled injury after injury to a point of total frustration and discouragment.... A month ago she was pondering whether she'd ever run again after months of barely being able to walk up and down the stairs. The other day she said to me "I'm going to try and run a half this year...." Totally threw me off! She's been rehabbing tendonitis in her knee for the past couple of months and has made great progress there and is very close to testing it back out on the road. This all after spending a couple of months on and off with plater fasciitis, or however that's spelled.
Just really proud of the work she is doing as we both set out last February with the 2010 Disney Half Marathon in mind (I just couldn't wait that long...apparently I'm an impatient person..who knew) and it is looking more and more like a reality from the running standpoint. Now, all we need to do is to stay injury free, find someone who will take the kids for a couple of days, save the money....hmmm, I suppose there is still some work to do, but I'm feeling pretty positive about it now.
I'd love her to join us on Team Voice pretty soon (more formally anyhow) as she's been joining into the challenges and I know this group would really help her toward her goal. :-) Perhaps she'll read this and join... I'm pretty sure she doesn't read the blog anymore as she gets the blow by blow Team Voice and AATM stuff from me directly, lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment