Saturday, October 3, 2009

6 Days to Go Time...

Well, next Saturday at this time I'll be sitting back and enjoying a nice meal of my choice at, well, wherever we end up deciding on. Call me lame, but I love Chili's and will probably end up there for a burger and a tall beer.

Got the last of my real running done today for rest up to marathon day. A nice 10.41 miler averaging 8:56/mile. Wasn't looking for any kind of speed, just to keep the pace I plan to run the marathon at, which I did for the most part. Most of the miles were around 9:00, but had a couple that were 8:30'ish (on the flat areas of the run) that skewed the numbers. My left knee is a little sore. Same one that gave me trouble on the 20 mile attempt, but nothing major and think it'll be fine for the marathon with a little extra rest and stretching.

4 comments:

MikeF. said...

Don't worry about the knee. If it does act up pull it back so you don't injure yourself.

Jeff W said...

Rest and recovery prior to your marathon run sounds like a good plan.

Is your event posting splits to cell phones? Let me know as I will be stuck at work cheering you on.

Have a great run and remember Body Glide is your friend.

Justin said...

Remember to relax this week.

Amanda said...

Hope you took time to relax and let your body prepare for the marathon.