After much illness dodging (if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a cold...) I have finally succumb to a cold. The whole stuffy head thing stinks, but suppose it's better than swine flu. I'm just going to work from home the next couple of days and hope to get back to training by the end of the week.
Congrats to Justin and his wife on the marathon! Amazing amount of miles turned out by that guy this year.
Congrats to Jonathan and Amber and little Elizabeth! Let the fun begin! :-)
Talked with my new personal trainer to try and get the ball rolling there. He's a guy in my MBA class that does this for a living and is a competitve body builder in his spare time. He seems psyched about getting going and being part of my running/training goals. That's exactly the kind of trainer I need. We're going to devise a plan, meet up once so he can instruct as to how he wants me to execute the plan, and then build in checkpoints to evaluate. This will give me some flexibility as I don't live in the area where his gym is, but we see each other in class every week, so I'm fine with not having him watch every workout and such. He's also got some great tips on nutrition planning which I want to get going on asap. No, no roids, he's an all natural guy.... :-)
Anyhoo, this will get me going on my goals for the race in January as well as keep me honest through the holidays, last year I went a little nuts which I believe impacted my performance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"Necessary! Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine. No! But it's sterile and I like the taste!" Love that movie!
Sorry you have a cold - hope you get over it soon!
It's great to hear you have solid plans for doing more to improve yourself - that's awesome. Can't wait to hear how the plan works for you!
WOW! what a plan.
Feel better, no worries on the swine flu tv and news is scaring the public.
Post a Comment