RELAX!!! Ha! Oh, really, you mean it? Of course, he's right... I feel ready to roll, which is good, now to try and take that advice and give the ol' body a rest in prep for the main event. Ya know, I didn't think I'd anticipate the race this much, after all, it's not like it's for a Mickey medal. Just a long run through Hartford (and ajoining towns) on brisk fall morning. Foliage is great this time of year here in CT, so I'll have that going for me.
I'm going to put in a short jog tonight just to keep the muscles moving a little bit, but it will be brief, and slow. After that, I'm giving my body a couple of days off from workouts. Just stretching and PU/SU till Saturday. Packet pick-up for me is this Thursday where I'm going to meet up with my buddy (the guy who came down with me this past January) for the pickup and then some carb loading at a local restaurant. :-) We did the same thing last year when we both ran the half in Hartford. Going to make a tradition of it I suppose. He's running the half again and will be my ride that morning. One change from last year is that we're going to get there much earlier. Had to make a mad dash to the starting line last year due to traffic in the area....not fun...
Anyhoo, hope everyone else is doing well. Been kinda quiet out there in TeamVoice land... I'll post the tracking information later on in case anyone is interested in getting alerts on my race. Frankly, I'm interested! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're right. It's been far too quiet in TeamVoice land lately.
Where the heck did everyone go? The WDW Marathon Weekend is in 94 days don't ya know.
Sounds like you have a plan that will make the start more relaxing - very important!
Post a Comment