Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mired in Liquidity Ratios

I haven't even started part 2 of our financial management class (Jan 4) and I already hate it. Part 2 is the case analysis portion of the program so it's breaking down a company in detail on a week to week basis to see if they should raise capital to expand, sell the company, get on a private jet and run really fast from the shareholders....that kind of thing.

Anyhoo, I'll make it through I'm fairly certain. Just reinforces my own belief that financial management is not one of my great pleasures in life.

Sooo, training...what's going on with training....I think there's a race coming up or at least I've heard that somewhere.. Oh yeah, that's RIGHT!!! The local penguin plunge race is coming...I knew there was SOMETHING going in in, saaaay, the next week or so. Oh yeah, and I hear Disney is doing something as well, but I'm sure it's no penguin plunge..... :-)

Put in 3.5 on the treadmill last night at a slow/moderate pace to see how the knee was coming along. Knee fared just fine. I iced it down afterwards and didn't wake up with extreme pain like the other night, so all is well. Time to start ramping up the carb ratio (oooh, maybe I can include this ratio into my finanical analysis...how many carbs does the CEO take in prior to making a big capital decision...you think Eiger carbs up before he announces a park expansion? LOL). Anyhoo, the plan is to get in some light work whenever I can get it over the next week, nothing more than 4-5 miles at a moderate pace. Also, I want to hit the "real" gym at work prior to leaving for Florida. The Total Gym is okay, but lets face it, Chuck Norris goes to the gym too....

Keep safe out there!

Oh, and am I the only one that noticed rain in the forecast for Disney on race day? Low of 47, which was pretty much the same as last year, although they are calling for some rain as well.... Singin' in the Rain jokes will be "running" rampant.....I crack me up...

3 comments:

Matt said...

Har har har! You so funny, you crack yourself up!

I really really really hope it's not raining. I hate running in the rain and I've never done any long distances in it as I always quit. I hope this isn't the case!

Amanda said...

Glad the knee is feelng better!

That class sounds like one that I wouldn't do very well in...After two minutes I'd say fire the CEO, sell the company and get out of dodge - done!

Just checked Accuweather.com and I'm not seeing any rain for Saturday yet...Of course that could change as soon as I post this!

Keep the work light to stay fresh the next few days so you can have a great race!

Justin said...

Run for your lives!

Chris has invoked the name of the only being more frightening than Courage Wolf: CHUCK NORRIS!!!!!

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

Chuck Norris can sneeze with his eyes open.

When Chuck Norris runs a marathon, he runs a victory lap . . .before the Kenyans finish.

Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

Chuck Norris tries everything at home.

If Superman and The Flash were to race to the edge of space you know who would win? Chuck Norris.