Friday, February 20, 2009

Musings and Tidbits

Check this out.... one of the possible exam questions in my Management Process MBA class is the following:
Disney’s theme parks outside America have incorporated unique features that meet the special needs and interests of local customers. Disney is responding with what strategy?

What would your answer be? Granted, it's kind of a dated question, but thought this crowd would enjoy the topic. :)

So Rae, I finally registered for the 2010 half, you happy now? ;-) ..... Did they charge us a $10 processing fee last year? I don't recall paying it, but could be losing my mind... Also, these pins better be something special for nearly $12!!! Last years were 8.95 I believe. Man, I'm getting crabby and cheap in my old age, LOL.

Was going to try and brave another outdoor run today as I'm working from home, but chickened out due to the weather station reading 28 degree's....and with the wipping wind, I decided to keep it on the treadmill. Another 3.2 miles for the month of February brings me to 25.81 running miles, 850 push-ups and a mere 430 sit-ups. Really slacking on the sit-ups this month... I'm okay with the mileage being so low as this foot thing is still present. It feels just fine when I run, but I can feel it walking barefoot in the bathroom when I get into the shower and such. Also, it appears that my left sesamoids have joined the inflamation party. Again, nothing that is really killing me at this point just wish it would go away already.

That's all for today! I noticed that Jonathan didn't pass the torch for the weekend challenge....probably need the rest anyhow!

5 comments:

Rae! said...

YAY!!!!!
Ok I registered for the Princess and I just ordered a triathlon entry level bike from bikedirect.com, way easier on the pocket.
I am dragging out the Goofy not sure if I want to do that or the full. But heck if I do the Goofy then I get all the bling at once.:)
hmmmm......

Heath said...

My answer is "The Disney Difference"...duh. Glad to see you're registered for the 2010 race. Let's hope the warm weather gets here soon!!!

MikeF. said...

I have not reg. for 2010. Because of my surgery I have decided to not run it this year. I am in the early stages though of making plans to be there for Marathon weekend.

MikeF. said...

To answer your question. It did, but know my knee is hurting all the time and even when I am on the Elliptical. I do have one at home, but it is a cheap Wal-Mart one and it is already broken. But when it did work it worked great. A word of advise though get one that tells you pace AND distance. Mine at home only tells you pace.

Ok now I have a question for you. If Phineus and Ferb's last name is flin and his Grandparents on their fathers side is fletcher. Who's last name do they have? Their mom's? A little confused since I did not start watching since the begining.

MikeF. said...

So they are step-brothers and Candice is Phineas's sister. That would make a whole lot of sense.

Driving my Family crazy. I don't need a yerning to get back on the road to do that. I did confirm today that my health insurance is flipping the bill for me though. That was a relief let me tell you.

I also booked my rooms for the 2010 Marathon weekend. I will be at SSR for the weekend and the following week after the race.