Odd how things work out sometimes. I blocked my calendar in the afternoon so I could get a run in after work, so far so good. So, typically my day gets overbooked and I run out the door late and squeak in whatever I can, but for some reason the scheduled lined up perfectly and I got out exactly when I wanted to. Of course, it was raining and looked like it was going to get worse, but hey, I'm no wicked witch of the west.....so I got my read end out there and started running. The rain helped to keep me cool, which was nice, and in the end helped me go two miles longer than the planned 4 miles to finish up just before it really started to downpour. What timing. The funny thing is that I forgot my iPod and had to run sans-tunes. Because I'm still kinda recovering the tunes really help cover up the loud breathing...but I went without and felt fine. No mile over 8:56 either, which is another sign that my running is coming back to me. All in all I had a 8:50 average for the 6 miles.
The only lesson learned was that one should use body glide, no matter what the distance is, when it's raining....think I ruined one of my shirts, along with other body parts......oh well. :-) I'm feeling it now and will probably supplement the mileage with a 2-3 miler on the mill tonight after the kids go to bed, and will look for a "longer" run Saturday or Sunday (time permitting).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAY!!! Ouch sorry.... 8:56 is fast on the tm that is 7.5 speed?!?
Nice...I love to run in the rain...Especially since I don't get to do it much here in AZ :)!
Sounds like you're doing great!
Post a Comment