Thursday, July 30, 2009

Oh the humidity

I knew it was just a matter of time before the humidity kicked in. Targeted 5 miles for today, but thought better of it and cut it down to 4. Without hydration stops I might have been in bad shape for the 5. The first two miles were quicker (8:21 and 8:30) then I slowed it down a bit (8:50, 8:53) to make sure I didn't overdo it. Felt good overall, thinner, which helps. Not quite to the 8 min miles that I was doing back in early may, but I'll get there. :-)

Started to look into hotel accomodations for the Jan trip, still nothing solid yet. Wanted to rent DVC points again, but it seems like the only studio availability is over at Saratoga. We really want to stay in the boardwalk area, but we'll see.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You were smart not to overdue it in the heat and humidity. It's rough to carry enough hydration when there's no where to refill along the route.

I can't wait to meet you in January. It's going to be fun!

MikeF. said...

I hear ya on the humidity. I loved staying at the BCV. I would have loved to stay there again this year, but wanted to keep the points usage low this year.