Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I run for fun in the hot hot sun...

oh me, oh my, what a lot of funny things go by....

Yeah, I've been reading Dr. Suess to the kids too much lately. But seriously, I took a run at noon today since I'm working from home and really underestimated the heat. I'm not one to take water with me on my runs (even the longer ones) as I try to camel up all morning so I'll be ready, but today really tested that theory. The first 3 miles felt great, but started to wear on my by 4...4.5...on to 5. Still, the run was a good one, averaging 8:42 a mile on my hill route (2 very large and long hills and 2 medium sized hills). High of 8:53 and a low of 8:17 (on the flat) so it was encouraging.

I've still yet to get my 9-10 miler in since mid-May, perhaps this weekend as I think I'm ready to start stretching it out again. Just in time as well since I've really got to get on that marathon training....

Side note - I've finally started to catch up on pod casts! Listed to AATM's last show, DisUnplugged, and a couple of WDW Today (easier to catch up on since they are so short). I really miss the Disney conversation. Since the trip in Nov. is fast approaching it's a good time to catch up.

3 comments:

Justin said...

I may be getting in more mileage this year, but I've got a long way to go before I approach your speeds. I don't know how you do it.

Matt said...

Hey buddy... Glad to read that everything is going well for you. Hopefully I'll do a better job of keeping up with your blog. I've been Bad, haha!

Amanda said...

I don't like to carry water with me either, but during this heat I take it with me. Glad to hear your running is going well - keep it up.

Podcasts are great - for me, it's the only thing that gets me through work some days :)!