Big run coming up tomorrow.... I've decided on at least a 15 mile run, but not on the location yet. I may work from home and run it in the early morning, or head out of work at noonish and run it down here in New London.... Topography is more favorable at work as there are little to no hills, just slight inclines. However, I'd rather run it in the morning as it's going to be like 60 degrees and nice out, but the hills in my area can be killer on a run that long (at first attempt anyhow). Either way, I'll let ya all know how it turns out.
Did make a trip out to Dick's Sporting Goods and picked up a number of Clif Shots and Blocks to use for the run. How did I not try this stuff sooner! Criag W. introduced me to the blocks at the WDW Half and I was amazed at how well even one "dose" worked. Would love to hear your learnings about the useage of these products. I know some of you have already commented a little bit on the topic, but it's intriguing to me. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm a believer in Gu Gels. They don't have the aftertaste that Clif Shots have, but have the same boosting effect.
I take Gu Gel shots about every 4 to 5 miles. I can go almost indefinitely with these all the way to marathon distance practice runs.
That said, the Gu's fell short during the actual Lincoln Marathon. My stomach needed something a bit more substantial during Lincoln in the last 4 or 5 miles. Really growly stomach. Next time I do a full competition marathon, I'm going to eat some kind of substantial granola/protein/carb bar at about mile 20.
Remember to hydrate when you take the gel packs.
Good luck with the run! Let us know how you get on with it!
Out of interest, are cliff blocks not gels? I have a hard time getting gels over (although the first time I tried one was on the Princess Half!) but have seen people with little squares of things. Is that them?
No problem Chris about the ride after the half. I will be waiting for you at the finish line as always. HAHAHAHA!
Post a Comment