Friday, August 7, 2009

Another day, another run..

For the 4th consecutive day I got out and ran. A light 4 miler yesterday with no watch, so I don't know what the pace was (guessing around 9/min miles). Felt good, just a good paced jog to log the mileage. I'm going for my first "long" run since May this afternoon. The plan is for at least 9 miles and the weather appears to be outstanding. The only question is how my legs will handle it since I've run the past 4 days. However, I don't think it'll be an issue, a little sore, but not an issue. The extra 9 would put me at 24 miles for the week which is where I've been trying to get back to in the first place. Between 20-25 is the weekly goal from now on, or at least till school kicks back in mid-September (may have to lower the goal to 15-20 at that point due to time).

Yes Mike, football is indeed in the air :-) Mike Vick starter for more than one game this season? I'll take the over, PUT IT ON THE BOARRRRD!!!! The way the Red Sox have been playing and getting hurt, I'm thinking that football is coming just in time! Eagles camp appears to be going well, lots of good young talent as well....I think they'll miss Jim Johnson alot this year both physically and his crazy defensive schemes....This is where losing Steve Spagnola and Jim Harghbaugh is so huge.... but they are doing just fine on their own....What's all this talk about how Bilichick produces all these great coaches...they have done squat!!! Spangnola basically won the Super Bowl for the G-men with Jim Johnson's defensive scheme...and Harbaugh is doing something similar in Baltimore.... Of course...then there's Brad Childress....although he at least still has a job and had a winning record.... LOL

Got a copy of Race to Witch Mountain yesterday and plan to watch it over the weekend...stay tuned and I'll let you know what I thought. We'll see what "the Rock" says.... Watched Mary Poppins last weekend for the first time in a long time....outstanding! and the kids loved the music too.

2 comments:

Justin said...

4 consecutive runs: Way to beat your legs into submission! Don't take any crap from them.

I saw Race to Witch Mountain in the theater with my two boys. We thought it was a fun flick. I don't remember any of the details, but do remember saying that we would get it on Blu Ray when it came out so it must have been pretty good.

Mary Poppins is fantastic. Did you catch the recent WDW Radio Podcast where Lou interviewed Julie Andrews? Perfect in every way. Load that for your long run.

Rae! said...

Awesome!!! yeah I know football is coming, band practice for the half is in full swing.