Left at 8am, overcast with temps at 62. Have a water bottle holder dealie that straps around the waist, but also brought another bottle to drop in a park I run by (smartest decision of the day!). Took a strawberry Clif shot (has the 1/2 shot of caffiene in it) and brought 3 GU gels along. This is probably the most prepared for a run I have EVER been, lol!
Overall, 2:26:15 for 15.05 miles. 13.1 split was 2:08:00, two minutes better than last week and I really didn't do anything different, which, I guess is good? Took the gels at the recommended 45 minute intervals and they worked great as many of you have said. Fee asked about the difference in the blocks versus the gels I think. The gels being like a packet of goo that you squeeze into your mouth and wash down with some water. The blocks are like more solid jello that you chew a bit and wash down with water. I did pick up some blocks, but didn't use them on this run. Starting to really get used to the gels now and since they work I'm pretty psyched! Wore the heart rate monitor again and noticed that I was able to keep the heart rate down, on average, better than last weeks long run. I'm guessing this is partly due to the lower temps, and man was I happy about that! I think I'd love running if every run were in 60 degree temps... Still, I'd like to bring the HR down a little more at the same pace for the longer runs. I'm around 77-80% of max HR on average and would like to be closer to 75%. Any heart rate experts out there?
Anyhoo, I'm really happy with this run and will have to plan hard for the next long run as next weekend is my daughter's 5th b-day. I'm going to be busy with two parties and such...fun fun... If you haven't done so already, get over to Mike-Speeds blog and check out his trivia! Tough stuff for the novice like me. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sweet!!
Cliff gels. I switched over to Hammer gels. All natural a little thinner, and they are recommended for mixing in a flask.
www.hammer.com,I think. Gordon did a podcast interview with the co owner.
run to Disney.
Congrats!!!
Great job on the run!
I much prefer blocks to gels.
I would be careful of any gels that have caffiene in it. Remember that although caffiene may give you a quick boost it also will make you crash and tire you out. Great job on the run though.
And on another note. I would say the same thing about you Eagles fans. It looks like that addition of Vick is really going to mess up that offense this year. They looked like they could not get into any rythm with McNabb and Vick going in and out of the game.
AWESOME run dude! Great idea to hide a drink, just have to watchout where you hide em ;-)
That's awesome. Your time for 15miles is faster than my goal for the 1/2 :)!
Post a Comment