This team... Okay, too much HSMIII played in my house, but what can ya do...the kids love the music. Of course, I don't mind it either but don't tell anyone ;-)
Working from home today and plan to run around lunch time, barring a crazy thunderstorm of course. The weather here has been ridonculous! With the exception of the last 2-3 days weather would indicate the need to build an Arc, with more on tap for today/tomorrow.
So my issue lately is building a consistent run pattern. It's been one or two here and there, but nothing sustained. Justin asked what training plan I was using for the Hartford marathon (3 months out) and I've got to say, nothing. No plan as of yet and behind schedule to boot. I've got a ton of excuses why I'm not on track, but the bottom line is that I'm not and need to do something about it. Two positive things going for me though, 1) summer hours at work. We flex hours in the summer and take a half day on Friday which allowed me to get a long run in every Friday without messing up my home schedule. Planning on taking more advantage of that now that I'm almost fully recovered. 2) New treadmill is on it's way to my house as I type and should be here early next week at the latest. I know y'all hate the treadmill, but when the only options I have at times are the treadmill or nothing...I'll take the treadmill.
Anyone going to MJ's services? 4 million dollars for security paid for by the LA taxpayers....yikes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What is HSM??
I know the dreadmill is not first choice but hey when that is all the time any of us have for then hey do it!!!!
I do....:)
I personally hate the treadmill, but that's because it doesn't work for me. That doesn't mean that you won't love the thing. And if that's all you've got then by all means use it!
And don't get me started on that media circus. My blood pressure is up enough!
You can be ready if you get in one long run a week, and do some short speed runs during the week. It's time!!
What Team - Team Voice of course...and it's time for you to get your head in the game! Okay, enough High School Musical for one day :)!
Training is tough...I hate the treadmill, but if it gets you moving you gotta do it right? I may have to start doing that since we have heat index advisories through the weekend and it's 7pm and 105 degrees and even at 4am it's in the 90's - yuck!
Three months to the Hartford Marathon? You have no time at all to train. You should totally be freaking out by now!
By now you should already be breaking out in cold sweats and waking up terrified in the middle at the thought of hitting the wall at mile 18 of the race.
All kidding aside, train hard and consistently. Ramp up slowly to marathon distances. From personal experience, you don't necessarily need to do a full 26.2 mile training run before the race. If you can do about four 20 mile runs beforehand, you'll be fine.
Post a Comment