I did indeed get out for a run yesterday, just prior to the crazy thunderstorms that nearly washed away hours of landscaping work I did last weekend....but that's another story/frustration. Got in 4.61 averaging just under 9 minute miles. Time to build on that and as Amanda so eloquently put it "get my head in the game"!
Got the run in just prior to the storm as well as some kind of cold that had me up all night. Still here with me today and not going away. Anyhoo, I'm sure it'll be a one day thing and I'll be out there for another run tomorrow afternoon/evening. If not, then Friday is a mandatory run day which I've put on the calendar and no doubt have the time for.
Based on the comments, it seems like we have a lot of treadmill haters out there! :-) I totally understand the points as they make sense. I'm not a lover of it either, but it's a necessary evil and I'm glad to be getting a new one. It'll never replace outdoor miles, but keep me in good enough shape to make the most out of them when I can get 'em.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
YAY!!!!! you got out the door!!!
Team Voice Event page is updated.What kind of dreadmill did you get?? Mine seems to be way faster than the ones in the gym. It scares me sometimes.
It has rained here so much our yard just says damp. haha keep it moving forward!!!!
I hear ya on the rain. We have had so much lately it is killing my victory garden. Glad to hear you were able to get out there. Just keep it up buddy. Things will start coming back in time.
I want some of your rain please. Hot and dry - my yard truly is a desert :).
Great job getting out there and running. I've got to do the same.
Why all the treadmill hate over in this corner of the world? Just load a good podcast and you can run for hours on these things. Climate controlled. Pace controlled. Luxury running to the end.
Post a Comment