Monday, July 20, 2009

Turing it around, slowly..

I'm around 15 miles for the past week and starting to gain a little steam again (finally!). Went out last night for a 4 mile run at dusk. Speed-wise, coming in somewhere in the sub 9 minute mile area, maybe 8:50'ish (35:11 total)? Anyhow, the tough part being that I'd only had around an hour and a half since eating dinner, but I'll take the runs when I can get them.

New treadmill arrived last week and I got it setup over the weekend, woohoo! That will be huge with filling the gap in outdoor runs and will help to keep me in overall shape.

Taking tomorrow off from work to get some stuff done around the house. The problem is that the "want to do" list is over 24 hrs of stuff at the moment.... Will need to scale down so I can relax for at least an hour! A long run would be nice as well, but I might only have time for a 3-4 miler.

One more note - Only a week away from making ADR's for the November trip :-) heading down for the better part of early November, can't wait! Looks like I'm going to be heading home just as Deb heads in. We'll, I'm hoping to meet up with y'all again in January regardless.

3 comments:

Craig Wheeler said...

"I'll take the runs when I can get them."

Actually...I'd rather not comment on that remark.

Looks like you'll just miss us, too. We will be down Oct 24-28 for the ToT 13k.

Amanda said...

Glad to hear your running is going well.

I know what you mean about the to do list being to long to get it all done. The list keeps growing no matter how many things I cross off.

ADR time - so exciting!!! I'll be there in Sept and can't wait.

It'll be great to meet you in January too!

Rae! said...

YaY!!!!!
You going to Disney too??? ;0(