Friday, July 2, 2010

Independance Day.....

I'm decalring my independance from tyranical sausage, hot dogs, and fatty hamburgers!!! So, I'm sitting here, working for the most part, and thinking about the weekend...barbecue's and the like and considering I'm about 10 lbs from my Goofy goal weight I've declared war on fatty junk that will keep me from my goal this weekend! Sure, it's only a day or two of gluttony, but that's the point, if not now, when? If not me, who? If not what, where? Huh? Okay, I'm confusing myself during my own tirade... The point being that now that I've said it, I've got to stick to it this weekend and report back to y'all who'll beat me down if I'm not honest!!!

Work is still hellish, but in a good way, a challenging way. Happy to be employed given the on-going mess of an economy (Matt, the president was just joking, you don't need to go down to the shore and "suck it up with a straw"...if I know you, you'd siphon it into barrells and sell it! You smart guy you ;-)). As planned all along, July is my month to get the training for January going now that school is done. Not sure about the 150 miles though....Best mileage month for me since I started running was 125 I think....hit that a couple of times....Not to mention I'm going to be in Disney for 10 days of this month :) Oh, did I forget to mention that? LOL 3 days at AKL, and the rest at BCV. Probably going to be hotter than the sun down there, but who cares, it's better than here!

As Mike-Speed (or Walt) would say....Keep Moving Forward!

2 comments:

Matt said...

I confuse myself everytime I get on a soapbox, but I get you're point. My choices have been better than before, but they're still not where they need to be.

Don't even get me started on the oil mess... I'm confused enough as it is!

Amanda said...

Hope you've been able to make it through the weekend and stay on track.

Be careful with the increase in miles - don't go getting hurt!

Lucky you - WDW for 10 days...That sounds pretty heavenly right about now :)!