Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Da Mill

I tell ya, treadmills have changed in the past 10 years... LOL So I got a run in on the new treadmill the other night (3 miler) and was amazed how quiet and smooth it was. This also has an incline mode, so much that I felt like Drago on the mill in Rocky IV. Yeesh, who runs at that incline? I know, I know, it's really for cross training and such.... I'm just not at that advanced level where I do much more than vary my speed. I'm strictly interested in doing a distance at a constant speed at this point. And yes, I'm aware that some of that additional training will help with the distance.... will just need to work that in slowly due to my diminished mental capacity (ha!).

BTW - The new treadmill is a SOLE f63 (A consumer reports best buy a while back).

7 miles total for this week thus far. Planning a 4 or 5 miler tomorrow and another of the same for Friday or Saturday.

4 comments:

MikeF. said...

Have not ran on a mill since one gave me the shin splints over 2 years ago.

Rae! said...

Glad the new Dreadmill is working out. I hate mine I want a new one. OH and incline I do sprints at incline 10 at speed 5.0.It is not easy.

Amanda said...

Glad to hear the treadmill is working for you. Incline - work it in...You know those freeway on ramps - incline training will help with those!

Amanda said...

Glad to hear the treadmill is working for you. Incline - work it in...You know those freeway on ramps - incline training will help with those!