That's what I thought of this evening while having a dinner conversation with my mother. Having my parents within 30 minutes of me is something I probably take forgranted, and I probably don't see them enough. However, as my mother and I chatted about politics, high taxes, etc. I could only think of how blessed I really am. For one, to be sitting there with my mother, both of us healthy and happy. Having two healthy (and happy most of the time) kids, a great spouse (also healthy and hopefully happy! ;-)). Kinda made me thing of how small "high taxes" really are in the priority list for me. As I had mentioned on Jonathan's blog once, the older I get, the smarter my parents have become! Really loving the ability to spend time with them and share the whole family time thing! Made my day that Mom was psyched for her upcoming birthday present. Taking her to her first Red Sox game at Fenway, long time fan, just never made it up (probably couldn't afford it with me eating them out of house and home growing up!). Should be a great time. Also get to take my wife to her first Sox game this Thursday, also for her Birthday back earlier this month. Hey, she said that's what she wanted! ;-)
Day off from training, but got in a mix run/walk for 2.1 miles for my contribution to the month of a million miles! Had a nagging sore muscle in my hip (pulled it a couple of weeks back I think), but felt really good today, things are looking up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Chris, As far as the trivia goes on my blog... I usually post a question once a week (I didn't this week) and all you have to do is give me the correct answer. That's all.
Great blog by the way!
How wonderful for your Mom!! I bet it will be amazing for her to be in Fenway. Seeing a baseball field in person instead of on TV is really differnt -- and I'm not even a baseball fan.
(I like that -- "month of a million miles"!)
Go to a running shop and have your shoes checked for wear and tear and make sure you have the right ones.
My Mom has to travel to come down to us or we go to her. At the moment healthy as can be. I love my entire family, and I cherish everyday even the bad one too. Noe if I can just get my Dad on board...... Great job on the miles, and check the shoes.
Post a Comment