
For any of the Disunplugged listeners, you've probably heard by now that Bob "Bawb" Varley has passed away. Bawb was a one of six members of the roundtable team that produced a great weekly show, and alwasy seemed to have a great sense of humor and genuine love for Disney as well as the Disunplugged community. The other co-hosts would rib him on his pronunciation of various words like "interventions" (innoventions) and "kaht" (cart, referring to his ECV) (Bob had a thick Boston "Bahston" accent), but it was apparent that they loved and respected him as family. Having a similarly "quirky" personality I quickly became a big fan of Bob's.
The Disunplugged podcast was the first podcast that I downloaded, while trying to figure out how to use the darn iPod, and I immediately fell in love with the humor and candor these guys provided. It paved the way for my interest in all of the other podcasts that I listen to (of course, AATM which all/most of you listen to), and has created something that is much more than a hobby for me now! Boy do I not deal well with loss, in general, so whatever I write here might just be odd, but I figured that I'd give it a try! I'll miss Bob as the personality and pod-friend, but I feel more for his close friends and family. If I could see how special this guy was, sitting 1500 miles away and only listening to him once a week, then they KNOW how special he was and must be very heartbroken for the loss. So, cheers to Bawb, and perhaps I'll actually get to meet you someday when all is said and done!
Having said that, off to another Red Sox game this evening, bringing a blanket as there are frost warnings up in this area...how lovely... Got in another 2 mile run last night. Was shooting for 3 mi, but just didn't have the energy/drive/time... I'm under a mile short of the run miles I did last month, so I may just get in a quick run prior to leaving for the game. Foot/blister are feeling fine, loving my new socks, and feel like I'm ready for the big 3.5 mi race this Saturday.
Gotta run and try to work/write my research paper! :D
6 comments:
I didn't listen to that one. I will have to go listen. :(
Good job for getting out there! I will be looking to here about Saturdays run.
Bottom of the 5th...1 out...scoreless game. Looks like this one is going to be about as exciting as last night. Hopefully, with at least the same result. By the time you read this, you will know the result. Either way, I hope you enjoyed the game. So far it looks like Daisuke has brought his "A" game.
Update...great game!! Hope you enjoyed and stayed to the end.
Thanks Heath, yep, we stayed to the end! Awesome game!
Thanks for your thoughts on Bawb. I listen to the Dis, and am just in shock that I won't hear him anymore. And I don't know how the others will be able to sit in Pete's house, and get thru a show.
Once again, I've realized how attached I've become to the many voices and pod-friends that I've come to know this year.
Post a Comment