Saturday, April 26, 2008

Team Makes a Difference


If you haven't noticed, I've been looking through old photos for inspiration writing my blog. This picture was taken on my Hong Kong trip (just prior to the bird flu outbreak...people tell me it was my fault...), and reminds me of the need for team. They were practicing for the dragon boat races, and I'm amazed how fast these boats go. Every member of the team rowing in absolute sync to the cadence of the drum. Great stuff! So this one is for you "Team Voice" as I think if I didn't have y'all to spill my blistered foot woes, or any other aches and pains, I'd probably have quit running already! :-)
Was able to walk on the foot no problem today and get in a mile. Not the fastest mile in the world, but a mile nonetheless. Wasn't able to get to the run shop today, but will get some running socks tomorrow, and then to the run shop later in the week for a shoe evaluation. Between issues with the computer systems I manage, and the final two weeks of my "final" class, it was too difficult to get out today. :(
Speaking of school, just a research paper to write this week and I'm graduation bound...Finally! Can't bring myself to actually go to the ceremony. Fifteen years in the making, it has just lost its luster I suppose. I'll party it up when I finish the MBA program in 2010. :-)

1 comment:

Matt said...

That's ironic! I'll have my B.A. in Business Administration in 2010.