Friday, April 18, 2008

OMG, I've actually got to write something now....

Whenever I'm in a situation like this (writers block) I think of Iago's comments afterbeing shoved through a door by Jafar "Soooo, how did it gooooo?" Don't ask, I have NO idea why.... Look at me, look at me, I'm so ticked off, I'm molting!

So, I've added a picture, not the greatest picture, but the milestone being that it's the first time I actually wore that Disney shirt that I purchased on my trip in 1995. Only took me 12 years to actually wear it! I've got a bunch of t-shirts like that for whatever reason. Hard Rock shirts from 10-15 years ago, never worn...like I'm saving them for something...They're T-Shirts! Jeeez! What is wrong with me! and how boring is this blog, maaaan! :-)

Figured since this thing is new for me, and while I've not yet turned you guys totally off of this page (I'm sure it'll get bounced pretty soon...) I thought I'd take the opportunity to share more about me.

I'm an IT project manager for a major pharma company, and have had a great experience working there for the past 10 years. Had the opporutnity to travel heavily for a number of years which was awesome at the time. Been to Hong Kong, Dubai, Cancun, St. John (USVI, what a boondoggle that was..2 weeks), Paris, England, and many US desitnations coast to coast. When you wake up at home and think you're in a hotel room...then freak out on your spouse wondering why they are in your bed....the travel has got to stop! (True story!) Love talking about my trips though, so ask away! I've got great stories for all of them, especially the Disney one's...Yeah, I might have been one of them business travellers that are so despised on the boards, lol. So I'm at the research headquarters full time now, very little travel, and just in time since we now have two kids.

The family. My wife is my hero, she's smart, motivated, organized, hard working....pretty much all the things I'm not..ha! She's great, and I'm lucky I suppose since I have dated her since I was 17 (worked for her when employed by Staples...another story...). We've been married for 10 years this June, and share our anniversary with Animal Kingdom. Ironically, we visited the new Animal Kingdom on our honeymoon, and man was it NOT what it is now! It was about 104 degrees out, no animals, very little attractions....yet we've gone back, go figure.. Glad we have cause it's one of my favorite places! The kids are great, daughter (3.5) is a little redheaded riot (and a bit devilish at times, like today...) When home she's one of 5 princesses that she's got dresses for. The kid is never in regular clothes it seems.... She was shy in the picture with Cinderella for some reason, have no idea why, but she warmed up during the CRT lunch and jawed it up with them as they made their rounds. My son, almost 5mos. now, is much more mellow, whew! Smiles all the time and loves his big sister, no matter what she does he's laughing at her (even if we're not).

Interests. I'm a big sports fan, namely the Red Sox and the Philadelphia Eagles. Since this is not football season, I'll probably be posting every day! During season....I'm pretty much all consumed with the Eagles and my fantasy league (NERD Alert!!!). I suppose running is foregone conclusion as an interest...but only since February when I decided that I wanted to run the half marathon. Have loved it ever since though, and my wife is onboard as well. She's trying to get back into shape after the arrival of our son, but is doing great! She's going to tackle the half with me in 2010 (I just couldn't wait..). Can't wait for that, it's going to be a blast to have her there with me. Other than the above, I'm in school to finish my B.A., 3 more weeks of the one class I have this semester and I'm done (after 15 years of working on it). No rest for the weary though, I've signed up for an MBA program starting this fall. Figured I'd better get on it since work will pay for it...never know when I'd have the opportunity again given the job market. Should be fun though. Last but not least, Disney, of course! I'd never really felt "the magic" of Disney in a slew of times that I'd visited (including my honeymoon), but one of the business trips did it for me. Was overlooking the water on the deck of Fulton's Crab House at sunset, and it hit me how fantastic the whole experience really was. What a weird place for that, but it is what it is! Ever since I've learned more and more about Disney, and now addicted to podcasts and websites like the rest of y'all.

Man, for someone with writers block, I've sure written a lot... Okay, so I'll close it out here and will try to keep to a topic the rest of the way. Just thought I'd share a little about me to start this thing. I've asked Bryan to change my board name to "Stroller Boy" since the fine folks at the DisUnplugged have just decided that's what I should be called (what do you guys think? good/bad?) Who am I to argue.... If you weren't able to check this out from the threads where it was talked about. ...the quick story is that I phoned in a "cast member appreciation story" to the DisUnplugged, they played it, I forgot to leave my name, Pete (host) called me "Stroller Boy"... I wrote back, played it up a bit, asked for Stroller Dude instead.....Instead, he went in and made my name Stroller Boy. Fun stuff! It beats my old unix ID (cullec). Perhaps I'll share that cast member story here next time, I've got two actually....Probably a good show segment for AATM, hmmmmm...

If you've read all of this, you have waaay too much time on your hands! LOL But I appreciate it, thanks! :)

4 comments:

Heath said...

I guess I have way too much time on my hands. But it looks like we have quite a bit in common. Living in MA, it goes without saying that I'm a Sox fan, and I am entertained daily by my 7 month old daughter. It should be fun sharing stories on the blogs and forums. Uh oh, better go, the pre-game report is on soon!!

Chris said...

I'm up in your neck of the woods next Thursday for the game, Basil ;-) Then the following Wednesday....after that, will have to watch on TV with everyone else till September when I've got one more game left.

Thanks for reading, I know it must have been a chore!

Rae! said...

I am not much of a sports fan,sorry and i guess we all have a lot of time on our hands E and I read it.LOL
Great picture!!!
Hmmm... where are the miles??? Time??
Gotta run WWE is on!!!

DebWDW said...

I think Stroller Boy is cool! You've got a backstory, and it's family friendly!