Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Light At The End of The Tunnel..

Update - Not sure if anyone listens to the Disunplugged, but they lost a member of their podcast team today (Bob "Bawb" Varley), very sad news for listeners of that show. :-(


Feeling pretty bogged down this week. Gearing up for a huge project at work (thus the NYC trip yesterday), and have the final research paper of my undergrad career due by weeks end. Not to mention that I have tickets to a Red Sox game tomorrow night, AND a 3.5 mile race on Saturday. Overbooked this week? Ya think? (or as the chef in The Little Mermaid says "Just a tad". I'd pull my hair out, but it appears to be falling out on its own so nicely, so why accelerate an already good process. Trying to use the usual phrases to get through this: "This too shall pass", "just a drop in the bucket", "seize the day", "serenity now", etc. However, they seem to make me more frustrated. Oh well, what can ya do, but "sit back, relax, and enjoy the show" ....No wait, can't use that one, it's already taken by Bryan...DOH!!!
I'll figure it all out as I always do, just thought that writing it down would really help. And I believe it has! Thanks guys!
On the running front, ran a quick 2 miles last night on the treadmill to keep up with MoMM. Sometimes I love MoMM, and other times I hate MoMM....Last night I was okay with MoMM. Felt good, no issue with my blister thanks to my lovely new Nike sweat-wick'n socks! They are Wick'n cool! (Booooooooo!!!!) Have no idea how I have gotten from Feb till now without them!

Pic is from Mexico (one of the stops on one of the many cruises that I took pre-kids)...can't recall exactly where, but I though of the title for this blog when I came across it. Love this picture, just reminds me of how serene the setting was when I took it.

4 comments:

Rae! said...

I hope I can find the light. Glad the New shoes and socks are working. I love those darn socks.
Keep Moving Forward!! Oh wait that one is taken too! :)

MikeF. said...

Glad to hear the new socks are working out for you. Kungaloosh. Oh wait that one's taken too. Dang it! Or in Peter speak "Holy Crap!"

Matt said...

Hope things lighten up for you. I'm in almost the same postion as you (finals are this week and next). I need to hurry and fill my bucket before I wind up kicking it!

Heath said...

I've been in Maine for a few days, and I'm just getting caught up on Team Voice news, so sorry I haven't posted in a little while. Glad to see your training is going well.

Hope John Lester can get it done for you tonight. Man, the Sox have been painful lately :0(