Saturday, October 11, 2008

Boy meets wall....OR...and Now..Main Street Awaits...


Hey there, hi there, ho there....no wait...that's not it.... Hello there and welcome to ALL About the Blog'n Right Along....Nope, still not it....Man, this intro stuff is hard! I need Jeff W. to write me a catchy intro I thinks :-)


Anyhoo. Yes, I hit the wall and then felt like I dragged it for the rest of the race (can you find where in the splits below? :-)). Much tougher course than the half I ran back in June by far. However, I still was able to post a better time by.....well.....16 seconds overall. 1hr56min25sec (8:53/mi average) compared to the 1:46:41 from the other half. Very dissapointed and know exactly why. Didn't get the repetitions in prior to this race as I had in the last. Something to build on for sure. My long runs need to be longer and I need to do my best on getting an extra run in during the week and work on finishing stronger. That said, I'm not completely dissapointed. It was a beautiful morning, lungs were just fine after warming them up properly (49 degrees at the start), scenery along the Connecticut River was amazing fall foilage and such... Lots of folks cheering....8,000 participants between all three races (3120 in the half, of which I finished 1147) .


Focused now on getting the training back on track for January (and WDW vacation in 20 days). The friend of mine that will be running in the WDW race ran this one as well. On a very bad knee he was able to finish in 2:40:00 so a great job to stick with it on his part as well. Although he hasn't officially joined T.V. I kinda feel he's an honorary member as I talk about y'all to him and he always asks how "the team" is doing. He'll come to the Epcot meet after the race so y'all can meet him (military vet, very proud of him).


So now.....I can really feel the words...."Main Street Awaits"!!!


PS - I'll keep sayin' it....Body Glide....best advice EVER given to me, thanks Jeff! (I think it was Jeff..Saw many bloody shirts at the finish...OUCH!!)


Splits (from my watch, pretty well in sync with the race timing)

Mile 1- 9:10 (working through the crowd)
Mile 2- 8:43
Mile 3- 8:36
Mile 4- 8:24
Mile 5- 8:33
Mile 6- 8:40
Mile 7- 8:40
Mile 8- 8:51
Mile 9- 8:50
Mile 10- 8:47
Mile 11- 9:24
Mile 12- 9:34
Mile 13- 9:51

6 comments:

Rae! said...

Good job!!!! Even if you hit the wall and dragging it.
I am super excited!!!! the half is coming!!!!!

MikeF. said...

Hey Chris you finished right! And you did it with that weather effecting your lungs. Great Job!

Matt said...

Great job Chris! We're all proud of ya!

DebWDW said...

Great job, Chris!! The upcoming Corn Elevator run will be a piece of cake!!

[rich] said...

Nice work - better times than I will ever run dude!

We will be over in WDW from 25th October - 6th November...have to meet up and say "Hi" if you want :-)

[rich] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.