and no, I don't mean your goals on how much stretching you want to do, although that could be an interesting topic...
At work we have what we know as "stretch goals" and they denote those goals that are not the day to day operational tasks, but those that might be realized if the stars were aligned. As in "full implementation and roll out of a major system within a year". Probably not attainable, but with super smart planning, the right people, and a little luck....it could happen. These aren't things we get "dinged" for as long as we meet the operational goal, but something that goes on your record and toward excellerated promotion and such.
Anyhow, enough of the IT crap... I thought this priniciple could apply to training goals. So, if you have ONE stretch goal for the race in January, what would it be? Mine.... averaging 8:30/mi for the whole race. It's a stretch in that it's nearly 25 seconds a mile cut in my last two half marathon averages and I'm resigning to the fact that I'm going to have to work with only 3-4 runs (more likely 3) a week for training between now and then.
What's your stretch goal? :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, quite honestly, my ultimate goal is finishing! But I guess a stretch goal could be jogging at least half of the race.
My stretch goal would be to finish in 3 hours, instead of 3.5 hours. But I'll be ecstatic not to get swept!
Post a Comment