Cold is moving on in here in the NorthEast, much like I'm hearing from upstate NY, MN, and Iowa. So, pro's, I'm new at this outdoor running thing during the winter, what do I buy? I've googled winter running gear and man, there's a ton of stuff out there. Has anyone done the research and learned the lessons that can be shared? Both the wife and I would really appreciate it! Speaking of the wife, Lorraine, she's doing great! Her planter facitis seems to have been treated by the cortisone shots (for the last couple of months anyhow) and she's back up to around 4.5 mile runs (somewhere in the 9ish/mi timeframe). To recap, she's planning on being up to full speed for the 2010 half marathon. Very proud of her fighting through this foot issue as she nearly took a header down a flight of stairs (carrying our son) because of it, but I'm not going to get into all of that. She's one determined person for sure. :-)
Any winter running gear advice would be awesome, thanks folks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Chris,
Check out the T.V. part of the AATM forums. Go under questions and cheap clothing. I posted this in Feb. and just updated it the other day.
One thing to remember is dress as if it's 20 degrees warmer. In some cases a light wind breaker suit may be enough. If I can dress for it I would rather be outside than on dreadmill. Of course I say that after using a dreadmill today. haha. Dang rain. Don't mind the rain so much as the puddles.
Happy to read that your wife is on the mend.
So when are you and the fam going to be here?? I am glad your wife is doing so well.
I couldn't tell you what to get to wear. I have the heat to contend with. So I am worried to with the cooler weather that will be here in Orlando than what I am use too.
Post a Comment