Tough day yesterday...woke up feeling a bit sick, not to mention the 5 hours of sleep. Anyhoo, I was committed to getting one long run in prior to the Hartford Half Marathon next Saturday. Was really only shooting for 9-10 miles and got 8.5 in, so it wasn't completely horrible. The local town fair is happening this weekend and is smack dab in the middle of my run route, thus the .5 cut in mileage. Anyhoo, was a little on the slow side with the hills in this route (averaged just under 9/min miles) but feel pretty confident about next weekends race. Looking to get as much sleep as possible this week and watching the diet very closely, want to be down a lb or two for Saturday.
Definitely going to purchase a new pair of kicks pretty soon as I think these are on the down-side of their life. Will hopefully take me through the half in January (the shoes that is).
Congrats to Jonathan! While we've all seemed to slow down a bit he seems to be taking off! Way to go! Keep up the energy as I think it's starting to energize the rest of us.
Oh, and GO RED SOX!!!! **Another reason I didn't get so much sleep Friday night...game ended at 1:35a east coast time..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ok... if a 9 minute mile is slow, what am I?
I still think your doing fine, so great job!
Post a Comment